Monday 22 June 2009

Book Review: Wolf Song Visions by Scott and Linda Reade


Genre: Mind, Body and Spirit
Published by: BookSurge (Second Edition) (2009)
Pages: 268 (Paperback)
ISBN-10:
1439233993
ISBN-13:
978-1439233993









Linda and Scott Reade were drawn together because they both started having the same visions and dreams in the early 1990's.
The dreams were of Lela and Kahla, two Native Americans who loved each other about 400 years ago.
Scott dreamt of a large drum shaped rock......he had no idea where it was but he knew he had to find it, and in time he did, and realised that this was where Kahla's strong presence was.

I started reading this book with an open mind, and I finished it still with an open mind.

The book starts with journal entries from both Scott and Linda on their journey to find Drum Rock, then the story starts of their lives long ago.

This account of how the Native Americans lived and hunted was very enthralling as I followed their rituals and learned of how they believed very much in destiny and how everyone and everything is connected. They led a simple, happy and peaceful existence, respecting nature.

It is also a moving love story of Lela and Kahla who were inseparable from the day of Lela's birth.

The book also contains prophesies that were told to Lela and Kahla, which the Authors say is the real purpose of this book.

I would recommend this for anyone interested in Native American traditions and rituals, but it is also a fascinating story on its own.



TITLE: WOLF SONG VISIONS: The Earthwalk of Lela and Kahla Remembered
AUTHORS: SCOTT AND LINDA READE

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carole
    I was thrilled to see you've requested a free copy of my new thriller, Cut Short, on goodreads.com. I’m not sure how it works, but assume I’ll have to pick a name at random at the end of the month.
    Cut Short came out last week and, so far, seems to be doing very well, selling out at my first two book signings.
    Waterstones in Islington Green, London N1, are hosting a book launch tomorrow, 24th June, from 6.30-8pm. You are welcome to come along, if you can. I’m sorry about the short notice, I only just checked this site.
    Please email me on leighrussell@live.co.uk if you’d like to contact me. I’d love to hear from you, especially if you have any comments about Cut Short in due course.
    Thank you again for your interest in this brand new series of British crime thrillers.
    With best wishes
    Leigh Russell

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...