Thursday 2 June 2011

Book Review: THE SKINNY ON ........ TIME MANAGEMENT BY JIM RANDEL

Genre:      Self Help/Motivational
Published by:  Rand Publishing  (May 2010)
Pages:  134  (Paperback)
Source:  Received from the Publisher
My Rating:  9/10

About the Book:

This is a funny and profound review of the one resource we never have enough of.  This book addresses all a reader needs to know to improve their skills in the management and utilization of our daily 24-hour gift.

This is such a fun read …... it’s full of drawings, dialogue and text that is so easy to read and absorb.  It only took me about an hour and a half to read it all.  And it really works!  I’ve found myself thinking a lot about the various ways I can find more hours in my day since I finished it.

The first part of the book deals with how you are presently spending your time and the second part analyzes whether you are using the hours you have to maximum effectiveness.

Set Yourself Goals - Make a To-Do List every morning and prioritise - Focus on one thing at a time - Planning and Preparation is the key.  Just a few of the suggestions.



The book uses humour, it doesn’t preach, it doesn’t take itself too seriously and it doesn’t talk down to its readers.


A Self-Help book that does what it says on the cover!

This is just one of the many books in the Skinny On series, all of which can be found at the website
 
My review of The Art of Persuasion is here

Special Thanks to Rand Media for sending me this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...